Each student must have a personal computer capable of running the necessary software and applications used in our curriculum. The standards listed below are the minimum necessary for a student to successfully participate in this online program. All computer related support, troubleshooting and updates will be the student’s responsibility. Purchase of a service plan is highly suggested.
Students eligible for federal financial aid may be able to increase their financial aid budget to cover the cost of a computer. Please contact Financial Aid for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757.446.5804.
- Processor: Minimum dual core
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB
- 60 GB SATA hard drive or greater
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Either an internal CD/DVD drive or an external USB CD/DVD drive
- Wireless card that supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (additional support for 802.11ac is preferred)
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (32 or 64 bit) Home Premium or higher is recommended
- Mac OSX 10.8.x, 10.10.4 or 10.11 will likely work
- Mac operating systems are not officially supported at EVMS
- Microsoft Office 2010 Standard Edition or higher (can be purchased through EVMS at a reduced rate after enrollment)
- PC: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9 and Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Safari versions 9.0.3 or higher and Mozilla Firefox
- Do not use beta versions of these browsers