Domain 2: Business Management and Skills
4. The ability to apply operations management concepts to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the healthcare sector.
5. The ability to assess the internal and external environment and develop and implement strategies to improve organizational performance consistent with the mission.
Human Resource Management
6. The ability to interact with, recruit, manage and motivate a diverse workforce in accordance with legal requirements and optimize performance to meet the strategic goals of the organization.
7. The ability to read and analyze financial statements, prepare and manage budgets, explain the impact of different payment models, and make sound short-term and long-term investment decisions.
Supply Chain Management
8. The ability to read and analyze health care supply chain activities to include purchase contracts, group purchasing organizations, purchase card payments, equipment contractual agreements, life cycle management, turn ratios, consumption rates and warehousing.
9. The ability to design, plan, execute and assess tasks and develop appropriate timeline related to performance, structure, and outcomes in pursuit of stated goals.
Organizational Performance and Quality Management
10. The ability to explain and use quantitative and qualitative methods to measure and improve organizational performance, especially as it relates to healthcare quality.
Health Information Systems and Technology Management
11. The ability to explain and effectively use health IT and health informatics to enable and support health care operations and transformation.