Applicants to the program must have:
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree
- A 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or higher is preferred.
- We consider an applicant's entire record, and applicants with a GPA between 2.8 and 3.0 may be accepted. We pay special attention to science and math course grades, and we prefer to accept applicants with mostly A's and B's in these courses.
- Competitive scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- This requirement will no longer be necessary as of September 1, 2018.
- Competitive scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- This applies to international applicants only.
- Successfully completed the following courses:
- Biology (2 semesters with labs)
- General Chemistry (2 semesters with labs)
- Mathematics, e.g., Calculus or Statistics (1 semester)
- Additional Math or Physics (1 semester)
Candidates must have completed all undergraduate degree requirements and have been issued a bachelor's degree prior to matriculating as an EVMS student. If the bachelor's degree was issued by a U.S. college or university, as a general rule it should be from a regionally accredited institution. However, the program may grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Official transcripts from the awarding institution must specify the date upon which the degree was issued.
Official transcripts, scores and supportive application documents should be electronically submitted or mailed to EVMS Admissions and Enrollment for Health Professions.