Dorothy Middleton Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship for a Virginia resident was funded by an endowment bequeathed by the late Dorothy M. Middleton of Norfolk. The first award occurred in 2011. This scholarship helps promising students overcome the financial burden that weighs heavily on many aspiring doctors and is awarded to an incoming student each year. This scholarship will be renewable for an additional three years (four years of tuition total), subject to satisfactory academic progress.
The scholarship for full, in-state tuition will be awarded annually based on the following:
- Virginia residency
- Academic excellence based on entering grades and scores
- Financial need based on FAFSA and needs analysis.
- Final candidates of this scholarship may be required to interview with the selection committee.
- In addition to completing the EVMS Financial Aid & Scholarship Application, please write 350 to 500 words on what it would mean to you to receive this scholarship for medical school.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to four years total based on continued academic excellence. Only incoming students are considered annually for this award.