This website reflects current program information, including admissions criteria and curricula. Information is subject to change.
The Doctoral Program in Medical and Health Professions Education (DMHPE) evaluates applicants using a variety of items submitted by the applicant. All components of an applicaiton are reviewed prior to making an admission decision.
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or better prior to matriculating at EVMS
- For those applying to the Anatomical Sciences Education concentration, the master’s degree must be comprised of a minimum of 30 graduate-level credits and should include Clinical Gross Anatomy, Embryology and Histology at the master’s level.
- Completed a master’s-level Research Methods course with a grade of B or better or Program Director approved equivalent
- Personal essay explaining how the program fits with the applicant’s professional goals
- Curriculum vitae and/or resume
- Two letters of recommendation from academic reference
Ready to apply?
Submit an application to the Doctoral Program in Medical & Health Professions Education program.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
Requirements for admission include:
- English proficiency exams (may be waived)
- TOEFL Minimum Scores: Paper 550, Computer 213, iBT 80
- IELTS Minimum Scores: Total 6.5, Subscores 6
- A transcript evaluation and translation
- GradCAS will ONLY accept the evaluation report from the credentialing agency. Do not send your foreign transcript to GradCAS.
- All other foreign transcript evaluations from the credentialing agency must be sent directly to GradCAS to the following address:
GradCAS Transcript Processing CenterTOEFL School Code is B886
P.O. Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
Applicant Help Center
- Having trouble accessing the GradCAS application? The preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox
- The Applicant Help Center can be accessed here: Applicant Help Center
- If you have questions about your application status, please contact your GradCAS Customer Service Representative contact information at (857) 304-2086 or GradCASinfo@liaisonedu.com
Admission will occur on a rolling basis until the cohort is filled. Graduates of foreign programs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.