Please review and complete the items on the checklist below to ensure eligibility for EVMS’ 2015 Commencement and related activities.
- January: Review Graduate Instructions to familiarize yourself with all procedures and deadlines for Commencement.
- January: MD 2015 graduates begin selection for class Osler awards.
- January: Pan Student Council begins selection process for MD and HP Leadership Awards and Staff Recognition Award.
- January - February: Register for Commencement. You will register your intent to participate in Commencement, order regalia, indicate your desire to participate in the Military Commissioning & Recognition Ceremony and more.
- February: Tell your family and guests. Information for family and guests attending the ceremonies is available here with details about hotel accommodations, the venue and ceremony, parking, maps, etc. Book hotel rooms for out of town guests. More info.
- February 2: Osler and PSC Leadership and Recognition Award recipients due to EVMS Student Affairs.
- February 5: PA Class of 2015, SA Class of 2015, ATC Class of 2015, MM Class of 2015, PhD Classes of 2015 – Federal Financial Aid Exit Counseling; 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. in Lester Hall, Room 104. Required attendance.
- February – April: Order your graduation announcements.
- March 6: Deadline to register for Commencement and order regalia. A $100 late fee will be charged to all graduate regalia orders placed after this date.
- March 12: MD Class of 2015 – Federal Financial Aid Exit Counseling; 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in Lester Hall, Room 104. Required attendance.
- March 31: Submit ticket request to Brenda Balschmiter for the School of Health Professions Reception.
- April: Verify your eligibility for graduation. Ensure you have met all non-academic (library obligations, etc.) and academic requirements.
- April 6: Pick up tickets for MD Reception from Student Affairs, Monday through Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Please contact Ebony Drayton in EVMS Student Affairs at 757.446.5244 for more information.
- April 13: Alumni website becomes available for all 2015 graduates to create profiles.
- April 15: Attend the Student Awards Ceremony in McCombs Auditorium at 12:00 p.m.
- April 20: Health Professions students begin picking up reception tickets from program directors and/or class presidents.
- May 15: Attend mandatory Commencement rehearsal and pick up regalia at Norfolk Scope. Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m. Readers will be available onsite to review name pronunciation.
- May 15: Deadline for when graduates must complete all degree requirements in order to receive live diplomas at Commencement. Graduates who fulfill their degree requirements after this date must contact the EVMS Registrar to get their diplomas.
- May 16: Attend EVMS Commencement at Norfolk Scope. Graduates must arrive by 8:30 a.m. for check-in.
- May 18 - 31: Get your EVMS Alumni gear before you leave the area. Items are available at the Matthew's EVMS bookstore.
- May 22: Return checked-out regalia to avoid penalties; return to Megan Iacobellis in EVMS Special Events, 4th Floor, Smith Rogers Hall, Room 405B, 757.446.6173.
- Ongoing: Make a gift to your alma mater.
* The checklist is subject to change. Please check with your program to ensure all graduation criteria have been met.
- TBD: MPH Class of 2015 – Federal Financial Aid Exit Counseling; required attendance.