Commencement at EVMS is an exciting time to share and celebrate your accomplishments with friends and family. We know these last few months can be stressful — finishing classes, taking exams, making sure you've met your requirements and figuring out what’s next.
This website will help you navigate the next few months as you prepare for the big day, Saturday, May 14, 2022. It includes information about Commencement week activities, upcoming deadlines and more.
Our current COVID-19 guidance does not require masking, proof of vaccination or a negative test result to attend Commencement exercises; however, please be advised that our masking policies may change with limited notice. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate the pandemic and keep our community members safe during this time of celebration.
Please review this information as you prepare for the big day.
*Registration Required: Graduates, please use your EVMS email address when completing the checklist items that require a registration. This will ensure that your registrations have been completed correctly, prevent duplicate registrations and reduce the amount of excess communication you receive. If you no longer have access to your EVMS email, please email EVMS Special Events.
- Review Commencement website and FAQ page for important updates about Commencement.
- Register to attend the Commencement Ceremony and Commencement Week Events by Monday, March 21, 2022. *
- Order your Regalia by Monday, March 21, 2022.* Find more information about required regalia.
- Provide your name pronunciation by Monday, March 21, 2022. Instructions will be sent to your EVMS email.*
- Order your printed Graduation Announcements. A complimentary digital invitation will be available soon.
- Secure hotel rooms for family and guests.
- Provide Diploma Information and Name Change Form to the Registrar's Office. The diploma form will be available on Tuesday, March 1, 2022 and should be submitted no later than Monday, March 21, 2022.
- Ensure that all academic and non-academic requirements have been met and fees paid including library fees, printing fees, outstanding balances with Financial Services and student loan fees.
- School of Health Professions programs complete mandatory Financial Aid exit counseling.
- Send complimentary digital invitation to family and friends.
- Deadline for the following is Monday, March 21, 2022:
- MD Students complete mandatory Federal Financial Aid Exit Interview.
- Create your EVMS Alumni profile.*
- Download the 2022 EVMS Commencement App. An invitation was sent to your EVMS email.*
- Download and share EVMS Digital Resources with your families and friends.
- Update registration for Commencement Week Activities by Friday, April 29, 2022.*
- Purchase EVMS merchandise. Get your EVMS Alumni gear before you leave the area. Items are available at the Matthew's EVMS bookstore. The bookstore will be open Thursday, May 12 and Friday, May 13 from 8 a.m to 6 p.m. It will be closed Saturday, May 14, 2022.
- Attend mandatory virtual rehearsal Friday, May 13, 2022, at 10 a.m. EDT. Find the link to join virtual rehearsal.
- Review Graduate day-of instructions and attend the 2022 EVMS Commencement Ceremony Saturday, May 14, 2022, at 10 a.m. EDT
- Register to receive your Certified Electronic Credentials.
- Your EVMS email will be deactivated Thursday, June 30, 2022.