Located in the southeastern corner of Virginia, along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay, Virginia Beach epitomizes coastal living. With a population more than 440,000, this cosmopolitan resort city represents the largest community in Virginia.
Virginia Beach residents enjoy a distinctive blend of a laid-back, beach atmosphere coupled with the amenities of big-city living. Some of the benefits that life in this locale boasts include:
- Easy access to a popular oceanfront resort area
- Vibrant financial and shopping district
- One of the best public school systems in the nation
- Year-round coastal climate
- Distinctive cultural attractions and entertainment options
- An abundance of shopping and dining amenities
- Miles of acclaimed waterfront, boardwalk and beach access
Virginia Beach is widely recognized as one of the best places in the country to visit, live, work and play. As a sought-after destination for tourists and new residents alike, the locale consistently receives high praise, awards and accolades. Notably, The Today Show ranked Virginia Beach as #2 in its list of "100 Best Places to Raise a Family," and the city was listed by areavibes.com as one of the "Top 10 Cities with the Lowest Crime in America."
Although Virginia Beach is widely known for its resort area, the city is comprised of the following regions, offering prospective residents a variety of neighborhood and housing options:
- Resort Area
- Chesapeake Bay Area (known to the locals as "Chick's Beach")
- Town Center
- Great Neck
- Little Neck