Vascular Surgery weekly conferences are held on Monday and Thursday mornings 7-8a.m. and are a hallmark of EVMS Vascular education program. Additional conferences are scheduled monthly and mandatory for fellows.
In addition to General Surgery Visiting ProfessorGrand Rounds Presentations, the Vascular Surgery Fellowship’s educational curriculum consists of the following conferences:
- Mortality and Morbidity conferences
- Case presentations that discuss complications and causes of death in patients admitted to the surgical teaching services.
- Held bi-weekly for one hour.
- Clinical Didactic
- One of the Nationally and Regionally recognized Vascular Surgery Faculty members are scheduled to present a Basic Curriculum topic. One lecture is presented per month.
- Journal Club
- Fellows’ expectation is to moderate a discussion of current topics in the field of Vascular Surgery. Of most importance, this forum provides Fellows with the ability to critically review journal articles as they relate to research design, methodology, statistics, and implications for patient treatment.
- Held monthly, attendance is mandatory.
- Basic Science
- The fellow is responsible for selection and discussion of articles reviewing basic science of Vascular Surgery.
- This session is once per month and last one hour.
- Vascular Case Conference
- Case presentations that discuss interesting complications and course of treatment in patients admitted to the surgical teaching services.
- This conference is designed as a true-to-life preparation for Vascular Surgery Oral Boards
- This session is held weekly for one hour.
- Industry In-Service
- The fellow is exposed and trained on state-of-the-art devices and procedural techniques, by means of lecture and/or hands-on simulation.
- This session is once per month and occurs 6-8 months per academic year.