Submission Instructions & Presentation Details
Workshop Proposal Submission
The EVMS Department of Pathology and Anatomy and the Medical and Health Professions Education Programs are pleased to be hosting the 2nd Annual Educational Scholarship Day. This event is designed for participants to learn, share ideas, identify opportunities to collaborate, and highlight work in one of four areas described in Boyer’s Model of Educational Scholarship.
We encourage and invite interested parties to submit a proposal for organizing a workshop for the event on May 9, 2019. Workshop proposals will be collected and evaluated as they are received until November 16, 2018 and notification of acceptance will be sent before December 7, 2018. All workshops should be organized to last 75 minutes.
The workshop proposal should be emailed to email@example.com. The form to be filled will require the following information:
- Name and contact information of the workshop organizer (including CV and short bio)
- Facilitators information (including CVs and a short bio)
- Title of Workshop
- Category of Boyer’s Model of Educational Scholarship (Discovery, Integration, Teaching, Application)
- Level of Workshop (Introductory/Intermediate/Advanced)
- Description of the topics of the workshop
- Summary of workshop (including learning outcomes)
- Ideal participant
Workshops from the Inaugural Educational Scholarship Day
- Copyright and Fair Use
- Bridging the Curricular Divide: How Team-Based Learning Engages Students and Achieves Learning Outcomes Across Degree Programs (Part 1: Introduction to Team-based Learning (TBL) and Part 2: Integrating Team-based Learning (TBL))
- Breaking the Mold: Transformation as a Call for Scholarly Action
- The Key to Innovation
- Growing Our Skills as Teachers Through Peer Mentoring
- Making the Transition from Curricular Evaluations to Medical Education Research
- Improving Student Satisfaction by Increasing Engagement in the Classroom
- share project ideas,
- report research findings for use in healthcare and medical sciences education and
- provide opportunities for future collaboration across disciplines at EVMS.