EVMS Psychiatry Residency - Application Process
Please be sure to fill out the application form completely - read all information available on the ERAS web site before submitting your application. Omissions may cause a delay in processing your application.
For all applicants, the requirements are as follows:
- Minimum passing score on USMLE Step 1 and 2 or COMLEX Step 1 and 2 with only 1 failure allowed at most for both.
- No failures allowed on USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills or COMLEX equivalent.
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder. (We do not sponsor any visas).
- Should have 3 Letters of Recommendation from clinical sponsors with at least 2 being from Psychiatrists.
- IMG applicants should have at least 2 months or more of US experience in Psychiatry either through an externship or internship.
- Minimum medical school graduation cutoff date of 5 years.
- Our program application deadline is December 20th.
- We do welcome IMG's to our program.
- IMG applicants must be ECFMG certified and passed.
- We accept ERAS applications only. We do not review applications prior to receiving them from ERAS.
- We do not give second interviews.
Interviews are scheduled from October through early January.