Thank you for your interest in EVMS Pediatric Residency training at CHKD. We are a resident-directed program that gives trainees opportunies for maximal growth and autonomy, providing our graduates with the wide range of tools necessary to care for children with all levels of medical complexity. The principles of service, community and empowerment through education are core values of our program.
- Highest priority is given to graduates of LCME-accredited medical schools
- All applicants must have a dean’s letter (MSPE) and three letters of recommendation
- All applicants must be within five years of graduation from medical school
- All applicants must have passed Step 1 and taken Step 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) or the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME/COMLEX) test
Resident candidates that receive an invitation to interview can select from the 2016 - 2017 season dates below. We encourage you to respond early since our calendar fills quickly.
- OCTOBER - to be determined
- NOVEMBER - to be determined
- DECEMBER - to be determined
- JANUARY - to be determined
Each candidate will receive complimentary accommodations for one evening at a neighborhood bed and breakfast or contracted hotel.
The selection process evaluates performance on the USMLE examinations, grades in pre-clinical or clinical courses, letters of recommendation, communications skills and personal qualities. We offer 22 general pediatric positions each year.
The department does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, veterans’ status or sexual orientation.