The Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship is 12 months in duration and offers trainees a well-rounded educational experience.
Our program features rotations in:
- inpatient palliative care
- ambulatory care
- outpatient continuity clinic
- hospice and long-term care
Our fellows also engage in elective rotations at sites including EVMS' Outpatient Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Pain Management Clinic, EVMS' Memory Assessment Consultation Clinic, EVMS' Critical Care division, EVMS' Nephrology division and Sentara CarePlex Hospital's Palliative Care Consult Service.
Our fellows continue their learning outside the clinic through:
- Journal clubs
- Topic review and case conference
- Sit-down rounds
- Standardized patient visits
- Final Rounds (gathering to discuss challenges surrounding loss of patients)
- Center to Advance Palliative Care online curriculum
- Tumor board