International Medical Graduate Applicants
GFM Will ONLY accept applications via ERAS
Completed applications are due via ERAS on/before November 1st
Only applicants who have graduated within the last 5 years from an MD/DO or equivalent program will be considered
Only ECFMG certified applicants with outstanding academic records will be considered
Excellent spoken & written English is important for all candidates
ERAS Application Must Include
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Medical school dean’s letter
- At least 3 clinical letters of recommendation (LoRs) based on experience not longer than three years ago.
- Research letters of recommendation if used, must be in addition to 3 clinical letters of recommendation
- Recent Digital photograph
- Electronic transmission of USMLE or COMLEX transcripts
Applicants with previous residency training also must submit:
- Summative Evaluation from previous residency director(s)
- In-training exam scores
- Schedule of rotations completed at previous residency
Additional requirements for international medical graduates:
- Valid and current ECFMG certificate for International Medical Graduates who have completed medical school
- International Medical Graduates who are still attending medical school, must graduate in time to obtain ECFMG certification & be able to start residency on July 1st
- Passing scores on
- USMLE Step 1
- USMLE Step 2 and CSA exams
- Must have passed Step 1 and Step 2 exams in less than 3 attempts combined. CSA must be passed on first attempt.
- At least 3 recent Letters of Recommendation
- Must be within Last 3 years
- Must be based on U.S., Canadian and/or U.K Experience
- Research experience does not meet this requirement
- At least 1 letter of recommendation must reflect your U.S. primary care clinical experience
- International Medical Applications must have a minimum of 900 hours U.S. Clinical Hours, most of this must be 'hands on' experience. Some observation/shadowing will be accepted.
- Research experience will not be counted as clinical experience.
- Clinical hours from U.S., Canadian, and U.K. Experience will be accepted
- Primary care in the outpatient and inpatient setting is recommended.
- Family medicine, or one of its componenents, is recommended.
- Ghent Family Medicine will sponsor J-1 visas only
Ghent Family Medicine will only be accepting applications for 2015-2016 PGY1 positions at this time.