Application Criteria 2018-2019 Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
Our residency accepts applications via ERAS, the Electronic Residency Application Service of the Association of American Medical Colleges, available at http://www.aamc.org/eras/ or 202-828-0413.
- Portsmouth Family Medicine Residency Program accepts applications from national medical schools, colleges of osteopathic medicine graduates and international medical school graduates.
- We look for a maximum of two attempts to successfully pass the USMLE’s.
- We look for a maximum of two attempts to successfully pass the COMLEX.
- We look for USMLE and COMLEX scores which are above -1 SD from mean.
- EVMS graduates or medical students who are direct legacy to Portmouth Family Medicine Residency Program, might be selected for an interview if above criteria are not met at the approval of the Residency Educational Committee.
- Applicants with prior residency experience are required to provide a letter from their Program Director.
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (CK and CS) must be passed prior to applying to our program as an IMG. We prefer that IMG applicants are ECFMG certified at the time of application. Our institution only allows us to sponsor J-1 visas.
- Interviews will begin in October and conclude in January.
- We participate in NRMP and do not accept any candidates outside of match.
- We will only be recruiting for PGY-1 positions when ERAS opens this recruitment season.
- Other criteria reviewed in addition may include but not limited to: Dean’s letter, letters of recommendation, and volunteering experience.