GFM WILL ONLY accept applications via ERAS (do not email any application material)
Completed applications are due on/before November 1st
Only applicants who have graduated from MD/DO programs within the last 5 years will be considered
International Medical Graduate ERAS applications with outstanding academic records will be considered
ERAS Application Must Include
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Medical school dean’s letter (MSPE)
- At least 3 clinical letters of recommendation (LoRs) based on experience not longer than three years ago based from US or UK experience. Research experience does not meet this requirement. Research LoRs, if used, must be in addition to 3 clinical LoR.
- Digital photograph
- Passing USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX 1
- Passing USMLE Step 2 (CK & CS) or COMLEX 2 (CE & PE)
- Ghent Family Medicine will sponsor J-1 visas only
Additional guidelines for international medical graduates(in addition to general requirements above):
- Valid and current ECFMG certificate for International Medical Graduates who have completed medical school
- International Medical Graduates who are still attending medical school, must graduate in time to obtain ECFMG certification & be able to start residency on July 1st
- At least 1 letter of recommendation must reflect your U.S. primary care clinical experience
- International Medical Applications must have a minimum of 900 hours U.S. Clinical Hours, most of this must be 'hands on' experience. Some observation/shadowing will be accepted.
- Research experience will not be counted as clinical experience.
- Clinical hours from U.S., Canadian, and U.K. Experience will be accepted
- Primary care in the outpatient and inpatient setting is recommended.
- Family medicine, or one of its componenents, is recommended.
Applicants with previous residency training also must submit:
- Letter of recommendation from previous residency director(s)
- In-training exam scores
- Schedule of rotations completed at previous residency