As a resident with the Department of Emergency Medicine, you will find many opportunities to participate in departmental activities.
- Held every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (except for July)
- 4 hours is dedicated to lectures by EM faculty, EM residents or faculty from other Departments.
- A half-hour is devoted to Tintinalli Study Guide review. Residents quiz each other on that week's reading.
- During the course of the year, the entire Study Guide is reviewed.
- A half-hour lunch is also provided.
- Conducted the last Monday of each month (except December and June).
- Usually from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- The location alternates between the home of a faculty member, resident or an area restaurant.
- Evidence- based medicine criteria are used to evaluate the literature.
- Dinner is also provided.
Mock Oral Board Exams
- Held 4 to 6 times each year
- These exams are conducted similar to those administered by the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) for board certification.
- The resident will gain valuable experience in this type of testing format.