EVMS Office of the Registrar
- maintenance, security and accuracy of all student academic records of the institution
- coordination of registration and enrollment activities
- Veteran’s Affairs administration
- preparation and maintenance of enrollment statistics
- graduation verification
- transcripts and enrollment verifications
Eastern Virginia Medical School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Doctor of Medicine degree, Masters' degrees, Doctoral degrees, and Certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Eastern Virginia Medical School.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) FERPA Brochure
Eastern Virginia Medical School is required to report monthly the status of all students enrolled in degree and certificate programs. Those reports are sent to the National Student Clearinghouse, an organization empowered by the U.S. Department of Education to collect and monitor selected data including student status. The majority of EVMS students are full-time, which is typically defined as being enrolled in 9 credit hours or more. The Doctor of Medicine program does not use credit hours, but with comparatively rare exceptions (e.g., completing the M2 curriculum but not passing Step 1 of the USMLE) EVMS medical students are full-time. Other status categories include half-time, less than half-time, leave of absence, withdrawn, or graduated.
Reporting Student Status Changes:
It is essential that the Registrar and the Office of Financial Aid be notified promptly when a status change occurs or when events suggest that a status change is likely. As such, key officials such as Program Directors, Course Directors, the Associate Dean for Education, the Associate Dean of Student Affairs, and selected others should notify the Registrar and the Office of Financial Aid if a student:
- Does not attend the first day of a required class/clerkship/elective or related activity mandated by the program, either with or without having contacted a program official about being unable to attend;
- Does not sit as scheduled for boards; or
- Expresses an interest or intent to withdraw, request a leave of absence, or drop one or more classes.
Program officials should always err on the side of caution and report immediately any action that they feel could result in a status change.
Student Transcript Request
There is a fee of $10 for each official transcript requested to be paid on the Clearinghouse secure site.
Eastern Virginia Medical School has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide this new transcript ordering service. This process allows current students, graduates or any other student that attended EVMS the ability to use a credit card or debit card to order and pay for transcripts in one secure online transaction.
The National Student Clearinghouse transcript ordering service provides simple, step-by-step instructions, automatic updates on the status of your order, and a 24-hour support network if you encounter any difficulties during your transaction.
To order an official transcript(s), login to the Clearinghouse secure site:
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session.
- Your signed consent is required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, you will be allowed to sign the consent form using your mouse.
- Order updates will be emailed to you to confirm when we have received and processed your transcript request. You can also check your order or history online. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
- Official transcripts are issued by the Registrar's Office and bear the school seal and Registrar's signature.
- Official transcripts are not processed if the student has an outstanding obligation, financial or otherwise.
- Currently enrolled students may obtain an unofficial transcript by visiting the student portal at https://myevms.evms.edu.