Last Updated: 03-18-2020 9:56 a.m.
EVMS continues to closely monitor the emergence and spread of COVID-19. We remain committed to the health and safety of our community while ensuring the continuity of our educational mission. We acknowledge the fluid nature of this situation and want to maintain open communication throughout this process. This site will be updated with announcements to provide guidance and share information specific to our MD Program.
M1 and M2 students:
- The M1 and M2 curriculum will be delivered through virtual classes beginning March 23. We are thankful for our dedicated faculty and staff working to ensure this seamless transition.
- More information regarding information technology and support will be provided to students.
M3 and M4 students:
- In accordance with a message emailed on March 16, all MD and Health Professions students are being recalled from all clinical rotations effective immediately and until further notice.
Student leave for diagnosed or suspected COVID-19 is considered a “unique circumstance” under the Personal Leave policy and will not count toward students’ leave days. Students are required to submit the personal leave form and inform the appropriate individuals in advance of the required academic or clinical responsibility, as follows:
- Module director and curriculum coordinator for M1, M2, and MMs
- Clerkship coordinator and direct clinical supervisor for that shift
Alternate methods may be utilized for successful completion of the clerkship (online modules, standardized patients) based on site cancellations, altered patient mix, or prolonged absences (over 3 days) during the clerkship.