EVMS-Sentara Healthcare Analytics and Delivery Science Institute (HADSI) is leading a nationwide team comprised of Virginia based digital health company Vibrent Health, academic institutions (EVMS and George Mason University) and health care systems (Sentara, Inova, Carilion and Children’s Hospital of The Kings Daughters) to work together instead of in regional silos to deliver a statewide COVID-19 Registry.
About the COVID-19 Registry
The immediate goal of the COVID-19 Registry is to begin to fill this gap in COVID-19 clinical and community-related data by establishing a nationwide COVID-19 longitudinal study, targeted to capture data from patients tested for COVID-19, frontline healthcare workers, and all other Virginia citizens, with a specific focus on reaching underserved minority populations in the state (in both rural and urban areas) and examining vulnerable groups, such as those with lower income levels and minority populations.
Our registry will monitor COVID-19 related prevalence, symptoms, and immune response, as well as mental and physical health, education and work functioning, social and family functioning, and economic impact over the coming 12 months. Overall, we plan to compile a statewide registry focused on COVID-19 parameters for immediate and future studies.
The registry utilizes the Vibrent Health Platform to screen and recruit potential study participants. The Vibrent Research Platform is comprised of:
- Enterprise tools, including digital marketing and research operations self-service tools for enterprise users (such as study staff, researchers, patient navigators and patient caregivers
- Participant data collection tools that focus on participant outreach, recruitment, enrollment, retention, engagement and reporting professional tools and associated training; analytics platforms that thread together the various components of the end to end system to drive value for organizational leadership, researchers, study staff, participants, policy and governance.
About the team
The study team has been actively meeting since the beginning of March 2019 to develop the study platform and create tools to adapt to the ever-evolving COVID-19 scenario.
- Academic Partners: EVMS, George Mason University (GMU), Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), University of Virginia (UVA) and Virginia Tech
- Healthcare Partners: Sentara Healthcare, Children’s Hospital of The Kings Daughters (CHKD), INOVA and Carillion
- Private Healthcare Partner: Vibrent Health
For more details on the COVID-19 Registry, please contact:
Sunita Dodani, MD, FCPS, MSc, PhD (Study PI)
Professor of Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS)
Founding Director, EVMS-Sentara Healthcare Analytics and Delivery Science Institute (HADSI)
Joshua Edwards, MPH (Study Manger)
Instructor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Manager, HADSI and Community Research
Sarah DePerrior, MPH (Study Cordinator)
Clinical Data Specialist, HADSI