Sent on behalf of the Continuity of Operations Task Force
Given the highly contagious omicron variant, EVMS has seen a dramatic increase in the number of employees exposed to COVID-positive persons and/or developing symptoms consistent with COVID. In addition, we are aware that employees are utilizing home tests or tests in the community to better protect their families. As such, we are in the process of streamlining our “What Should I Do?” protocol as follows:
- Individuals who have had close contact with a COVID positive person, anyone who has symptoms consistent with COVID, or anyone who has tested positive using a home or community test, must complete the REDCap EVMS/EVMS Medical Group Exposure Survey.
- If you have tested positive with a home or community test, you must also email pictures of the test card and test box with your name, date of birth and the date you took the test to email@example.com using your EVMS email address only.
- Occupational Health will contact you within one business day if you are clinical and three business days if you are non-clinical from the time you submit the survey. Please do not contact Occupational Health to inquire about being screened unless it has been longer than the time frame that applies to your situation.
- After speaking with you, any other information you need to know, such as other testing requirements or required forms, will be provided to you by Occupational Health.
- You cannot report to work until Occupational Health has cleared you.
If you have questions, please contact Human Resources at 757.446.6043 or EVMSHR@EVMS.EDU. We will try to ensure questions are answered the same day if submitted before 4 p.m. that day, and questions submitted after 4 p.m. will be answered next business day.