Sent on behalf of the Master of Public Health program and the M. Foscue Brock Institute for Community and Global Health.
Virginia health officials believe the number of COVID-19 cases in the Commonwealth will peak next week. With that in mind, EVMS is offering the Hampton Roads community an opportunity to learn the latest about the virus during “COVID-19 Update: What the Public Should Know.”
The event will be webcast live on the EVMS Facebook page from noon to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, April 23. It also can be viewed through this Ustream link.
The following experts will present brief updates and answer viewer questions:
- Edward Oldfield III, MD, Professor of Internal Medicine at EVMS and Infectious Disease Specialist
- Serina Neumann, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at EVMS
- Michael Hooper, MD, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at EVMS and Vice President of Medical Affairs for Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Douglas Mitchell, MD, Professor of Pediatrics at EVMS and Medical Director of Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters Medical Group
- Nancy Welch, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at EVMS and Director of the Chesapeake Health Department
The event, hosted jointly by the EVMS Master of Public Health program and the M. Foscue Brock Institute for Community and Global Health at EVMS, will be co-emceed by Cynthia Romero, MD, Director of the Brock Institute and Associate Professor of Family and Community Medicine; and Brian Martin, PhD, Associate Dean for Administration, EVMS School of Health Professions, and Director of the Master of Public Health program.