Sent on behalf of EVMS Wellness.
To help counter the isolation presented by COVID-19, EVMS Wellness is hosting regular opportunities for EVMS staff to gather together and talk.
Join these twice-weekly “chat” sessions to share your experiences during the pandemic and to reconnect with your colleagues. EVMS Wellness has organized these talks (with assistance from Human Resources and Faculty Affairs) to support your well-being and to help you cope with stress, uncertainty and emotional distress.
The far-reaching discussions touch on a range of issues. Among the upcoming chat topics are:
- Finding your calm
- Coping with sports withdrawal
- Using humor to offset stress
- Kindness is good for your health
- Intentional self-care
- Safely connecting with others
- Time to play, create and have fun
- What to do when someone is in distress or feeling overwhelmed
- Mental health is essential for health
Chats are held as follows:
- Wednesdays, noon to 1 p.m. Facilitators: Serina Neumann, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and EVMS Wellness Officer; and Katelyn Hernandez, MS, PsyD candidate.
- Fridays, 8 to 9 a.m. (Faculty also are invited) Facilitators: Caroline Bertolet, PhD, Instructor in Graduate Medical Education; and Trevor Wolterstorff, MA, PsyD candidate.
Want to receive a calendar invite for upcoming sessions? Send an email to Dr. Neumann.
To take part in the sessions, join from a desktop or laptop. You also can join by phone: 1.888.240.2560 (Meeting ID: 631363313# — Passcode: 7915#)