Continuity of Operations
Health monitoring and safe practices
All members of the EVMS community should continue to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
We are encouraging everyone to wash their hands with soap and water regularly throughout the day. Use hand sanitizers frequently when handwashing is not feasible. View EVMS’s full masking, social distancing and hand hygiene guidelines.
If you think you are experiening symptoms of COVID-19 or think you may have been exposed, see what steps you need to take in the What Should I Do? section.
About the task force
Develop and implement plans to continue EVMS’ clinical, research, education and administrative operations in a manner consistent with guidance from the CDC and other appropriate entities concerning the safety of students, patients, faculty and staff.
Operations will be overseen daily by the executives and department chairs who currently have managerial responsibility for clinical, research, education and administration operations.
The task force reports to Richard V. Homan, MD, President and Provost, Dean of the School of Medicine.
- C. Donald Combs, PhD, Vice President & Dean, School of Health Professions (Chair)
- Margaret Baumgarten, MD, EVMS Family Medicine
- Kurt Stauder, CEO, EVMS Medical Group
- Ron Flenner, MD, Vice Dean, Academic Affairs
- Stacy Purcell, Vice President, General Counsel
- William Wasilenko, PhD, Vice Dean, Research
- Helen Heselius, Vice President, Administration & Finance
- Matthew Schenk, Executive Director, Human Resources
- Edward Oldfield, MD, EVMS Internal Medicine
- Linda Archer, PhD, Vice Dean, EVMS GME