The HIV/AIDS Resource Center offers a range of services to healthcare professionals including:
- Education: Please call the AIDS Resource Center at 757.446.6170 in regard to classes presently being offered.
- Resources: Information and referral services to multiple community resources are provided to persons infected with HIV.
- Consultation: Direct consultation between healthcare providers and consultants is available.
- Training Programs: Are developed for specific disciplines in the health care industry on a broad range of AIDS-related issues.
- Media Materials: The latest technical, audiovisual, and educational materials for staff and patient education are available. Library services include database searches, interlibrary loans, current awareness information and answers to reference questions.
- Referrals: Information and referral services to multiple community resources are provided to healthcare providers and persons infected with HIV.
- Other VHARCC Services: Case Management/Affordable Care Act Assistance (ACA) enrollments; Patient Navigation Services; Emergency Financial & Housing Assistance; Treatment Adherence; PrEP Education
The services are provided through a grant via the Virginia Department of Health.