Tips for Living with High Blood Sugar (Diabetes)
Living with diabetes can be easier when you follow these 10 health tips.
- Make half your plate low glycemic vegetables (like carrots, broccoli, zucchini, and cauliflower) and the other half lean meat and whole grains.
- Find healthy foods that you enjoy.
- Lose weight by eating smaller portions and more vegetables.
- Visit the doctor at least twice a year.
- Test your blood sugar everyday.
- Take a brisk walk at least three times a week.
- Plant a container garden to grow your own vegetables.
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours every night to feel better.
- Drink more water and less juice, soda, or sports drinks.
- Take some time to relax and de-stress.