Mini Reunions are alumni social gatherings during Alumni Weekend or a special occasion you want to plan with your fellow EVMS alumni. Maybe you volunteered at an EVMS community event together, had classes at Smith Rogers, shared an apartment in Ghent, or were in the same student organization. If you have a group of alumni you’d like to reconnect with, let us know and we’ll help you get the ball rolling. It’s a great way to reunite with the people who made your medical school experience memorable. Contact Aline Landy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757.965.8500 to get started.
The Alumni Relations Office facilitates two types of reunions:
Affinity reunions are gatherings of alumni based on their involvement in or affiliation to a particular group, experience, or common connection, such as, an EMVS program, student government, or other student organizations. A reunion can be as simple as a cookout, cocktail reception, or weekend full of activities.
Class-based reunions are gatherings of alumni based on their graduation year. Alumni Weekend typically hosts classes celebrating their milestone year such as 40th, 35th, 30th, 25th, 20th, 15th, 10th, and 5th reunions.
How to plan a Mini Reunion:
- Email Aline Landy from the Alumni Relations office to get started! She will help you determine the best location and time and reserve space on campus or at a local venue.
- Organize logistics (location, food, drinks, etc.) for your event, as this applies to the type of gathering you are coordinating.
- Invite ten or more of your fellow alumni.
How the Alumni Relations Office will help:
- Reserve space on campus or preferred venue
- Promote the event through the alumni website and social media
- Send email and/or physical invitations to the group
Examples of Mini Reunions:
- MPA Class of 2009 reunion on the American Rover
- MD Class of 1979 dinner at Byrd & Baldwin Bros
- Surgical Assistant's Social
If you have a group of alumni you’d like to reconnect with, let us know and we’ll help you get the ball rolling. It’s a great way to reunite with the people who made your EVMS experience memorable. Contact Aline Landy at email@example.com or call 757.965.8500 to get started.