Mini Reunions are alumni social gatherings during Alumni Weekend or a special occasion you want to plan with your fellow EVMS alumni. Maybe you volunteered at an EVMS community event together, had classes at Smith Rogers, shared an apartment in Ghent, or were in the same student organization. If you have a group you’d like to reconnect with, let us know and we’ll help you get the ball rolling. It’s a great way to reunite with the people who made your medical school experience memorable.
When should I have a Mini Reunion?
- Late afternoon Friday, after the Alumni/Student Social
- After the Alumni Family Cookout on Saturday
- Sunday brunch, before classmates head back home
- A special occasion you want to gather with fellow alumni
How to plan a Mini Reunion:
- Email Aline Landy from the Alumni Relations office to get started! She will help you determine the best location and time and reserve space on campus or at a local venue.
- Organize logistics (location, food, drinks, etc.) for your event, as this applies to the type of gathering you are coordinating.
- Invite ten or more of your fellow alumni.
How the Alumni Relations Office will help:
- Reserve space on campus or preferred venue
- Promote the event through the alumni website
- Send email and/or physical invitations to the group
Examples of Mini Reunions:
- MPA Class of 2009 reunion on the American Rover
- MD Class of 1979 dinner at Byrd & Baldwin Bros
- Student National Medical Association Alumni Happy Hour
Is there a particular group of your peers (i.e. student organization, class year or program, etc.) for which you would like to organize a Mini Reunion? Contact Aline Landy at email@example.com or call 757.965.8500.