Our collaborations and partnerships include:
- Historically black colleges and universities as we work to expand the pipeline into medicine and health professions. Learn about the joint BS/MD programs at Hampton University and Norfolk State University.
- The Greater Norfolk Medical Society and Old Dominion Medical Society with a focus on enhanced mentoring for students and residents and exposure to healthcare practice in the region.
- ROTC programs and military support groups so that we can recruit active military and veterans into medicine and health professions programs and careers at EVMS. EVMS has attained a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certificate for its commitment to recruit military into EVMS.
- The Medical and Health Specialties Program at Maury High School, established in 1986 by EVMS and Norfolk Public Schools. This program prepares high-school students for careers in the health professions through innovative biomedical curriculum and mentoring.
- The Urban League of Hampton Roads to engage community leaders around health equity.
- Community-based and faith-based organizations, such as the Hampton Roads Prostate Health Forum, to address health disparities.
- The M. Foscue Brock Institute for Community and Global Health at EVMS and EVMS Education or a focus on initiatives for service learning to enhance the education of EVMS students on social determinants of health and cultural competency.