The Fine Family Academy of Educators intermittently offers an educational Boot Camp. The Boot Camp serves as a faculty development activity with the goal to optimize teaching, educational leadership and other academic skills and to facilitate the interaction of faculty throughout the institution. The program is open to all educators at EVMS.
Audience: Open to all faculty and educators at EVMS.
Spring 2023 Boot Camp - VIRTUAL
Check your calendar for Zoom information
The EVMS Fine Family Academy of Educators (FFAoE) welcomes all educators to the 2023 Educator Boot Camp series, comprised of three one-hour, virtual sessions. This year we are focusing on teaching resources for medical educators in clinical settings.
June 13, noon-1pm - Supporting Learners in Difficulty - Andria Tatem, MD
- Analyze how our attitudes influence the success of a learner in difficulty.
- Determine biopsychosocial strategies within the context of a learner in difficulty
June 21, noon-1pm - Teaching Clinical Reasoning across the Learner Continuum - Sandra Oza, MD
- Apply core principles for effective clinical reasoning instruction
- Apply evidenced-based strategies for teaching clinical reasoning to different levels of learners
June 27, noon-1pm - The JiTT Infographic Application, a FOAM (Free Open Access Medical education) Evidence-Based Resource: Use and Application - Alice Fornari, EdD
- Utilize the Jitt App to facilitate self-directed learning
- Apply the Jitt App to clinical teaching with learners
- Describe the process to become a collaborator on Jitt App content