Civil Unrest

Civil unrest include riots, disruptive demonstrations or other non-peaceful assemblies.

If you suspect that a civil unrest may occur, call the EVMS Police & Public Safety Department non-emergency line at (757) 446-5199.

If you see a civil unrest:

  • Call 911 and give the operator the exact location and details about the disturbance.
  • Avoid becoming involved or otherwise inciting the disturbance by your actions.
  • Log off computers and secure all sensitive information if the disturbance is in your work area.
  • Stay away from any windows or glass doors between you and the disturbance