In this Section
Benefits of Fundraising for EVMS
Benefits of fundraising for EVMS
- More than 40 percent of EVMS graduates stay right here in Virginia and might be taking care of your loved ones. That means your support makes a direct impact on your community.
- EVMS research speeds new information from the laboratory to your doctor’s office. As the largest biomedical research organization in southeastern Virginia, we ensure the region’s health-care providers have access to the latest discoveries.
- Supporting EVMS is an investment in your community. A recent report found that EVMS has an annual impact of $824 million on the region’s economy.
- Cancer, diabetes and geriatric research dollars stay local and are immediately put to use in research projects.
- EVMS provides specialty services not available anywhere else. For example, EVMS Maternal-Fetal Medicine cares for the region’s highest-risk pregnancies, and EVMS surgeons staff the Level 1 trauma center at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, where they care for the most critically ill and injured patients in our community.
- It’s a meaningful way to pay tribute to a loved one who has been treated by an EVMS physician or health professional.
- EVMS’ vision is to become the most community-oriented school of medicine and health professions in the nation. Our researchers are focused on Hampton Roads’ most pressing health-care issues, such as diabetes, certain types of cancer and infant mortality.