A Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is an opportunity for an institution to enhance overall quality and effectiveness by focusing on an area that the institution considers important to improving student outcomes and/or student success. The QEP must reflect careful planning for improving student outcomes over the course of the project and must be consistent with the institution’s strategic plan and directly tied to the institution’s mission.
In order to be approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), the institution’s QEP must demonstrate that:
- A topic was identified through an ongoing, comprehensive, planning an evaluation process
- There is broad-based, institution-wide support for the topic
- The plan focuses on improving specific student learning outcomes and/or student success
- The institution commits resources to initiate, implement, and complete the project
- The institution has developed a plan to assess the outcomes of the project