SpectraMax Plate Reader
The SpectraMax® M5 Multi-Mode Microplate Reader is owned by the Nadler Lab and available to all investigators through user fees.
This reader does UV and visible absorbance, and fluorescence intensity measurements on microplates and cuvettes, standard. All M Series Readers accept cuvettes and 6-, 12-, 24-, 48-, 96-, and 384-well microplates. Standard features include UV-visible absorbance in tunable 1.0 nm increments up to 4.0nm, and fluorescence intensity with spectral scanning across the wavelength range in 1 nm increments and up to four wavelength pairs per protocol supporting FRET based assays. The M5 plate Microplate Reader has the following capabilities:
- Top and Bottom
- UV Visible (Abs)
- Fluorescence Intensity (FI)
- Glow Luminescence (Lumi)
- Time-Resolved Fluorescence (TRF)
- Fluorescence Polarization (FP)
Patented AutoPMT Optimization System
- The patented AutoPMT optimization system of the SpectraMax M5 Microplate Reader adjusts the fluorescence detector to each sample well's concentration and normalizes the raw data, extending the dynamic range of assays so that low, medium, and high signals can be captured from the same plate. This calibration against an internal standard provides an additional benefit in being able to confidently compare relative fluorescence units (RFUs) of individual samples across plates and readers.
Patented PathCheck Pathlength Measurement Technology
- Offers the capability to measure the depth (optical pathlength) of samples in a temperature independent manner using the patented PathCheck® Technology. With SoftMax Pro® Software, the PathCheck Technology automatically normalizes the well absorbance.
Comprehensive Reader Validation
- Molecular Devices microplate readers have the most complete level of product validation and compliance of any system on the market. A variety of tools are available to users to meet users' diverse validation needs. Molecular Devices provides the complete solution covering the instrument and software.
SpectraTest® ABS1, FL1, and LM1 Validation Plates for hardware validation of absorbance, fluorescence, and luminescence modes
- IQ/OQ/PQ documentation
- SoftMax Pro Data Acquisition & Analysis Software validation package
- Software tools for FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
Automating with Ease
- Offers seamless integration with the StakMax® Stacker, Molecular Devices' own integrated microplate stacker designed exclusively for SpectraMax Microplate Readers and AquaMax® Microplate Washers. SpectraMax M5 Microplate Reader has an automation-compatible reader design for integration into automated platforms. Molecular Devices microplate readers have been integrated into all major automation platforms.