All EVMS investigators must complete training on the COI new policies prior to grant money being released.
- COI training is available through the CITI website.
Instructions for adding and taking the CITI COI course
- Log on to CITI website (www.citiprogram.org) with your username and password.
- If you do not already have a CITI account, create your own login name and password and select EVMS as affiliated institution. If you already have a CITI account and forgot your login name or password, you can retrieve it by clicking on "Forgot username or password:"
- Select “Add a course or update your learner groups”
- Answer the CITI course enrollment questions. The appropriate course(s) will be added when you are done.
- The“Conflict of Interest” course should be listed in your course menu, click on it to begin.
- You have finished the course successfully when you are able to see a completion report. We recommend that you print a completion report for your records. The Office of Research receives an automatic notification e-mail when training is completed.
- This training is valid for 4 years. After this time, you must re-take the course.
If you have any questions, contact Kari Bos at COI@evms.edu or 446-8404.
"Investigator" definition- Principal Investigator/project director, senior/key personnel and ¨any other individuals, regardless of title or position, who the PI deems to have authority or independent responsibility over the design, conduct or reporting of research/sponsored projects."