EVMS Autism Spectrum Disorder Program - Links
- EVMS ASD Facebook Page: Follow us on Facebook! We will keep you up to date on our EVMS ASD research, autism events in the community, and interesting articles about autism.
- National Autism Resources: We strive to empower our community by providing excellent information, helpful links, and affordable books, games, toys and therapy products for people on the spectrum.
- Autism 360: This website is a tool for you to easily build an anonymous profile, find treatment options from others like your child or yourself, track progress and get reports that you can share with physicians and caregivers.
- IAN Project: The Interactive Autism Network, founded and sponsored by the Kennedy Krieger Institute and Autism Speaks, respectively, is an innovative online project bringing together tens of thousands of people nationwide affected by ASD and hundreds of researchers in a search for answers. Considered the largest online autism research effort in the U.S.
- Autism Speaks is a national organization dedicated to facilitating global research into the causes, treatments, prevention and an eventual cure for autism.
- Yale University Child Study Center - Autism
- Virginia Commonwealth University: Autism Center for Excellence has many educational resources for parents, teachers, and health professionals.
- Autism Society of America (ASA). The Tidewater (Virginia) Chapter of the Autism Society is a volunteer organization providing information, support, and encouragement to parents, family members, and professionals in the Tidewater area. This group can also help provide information on seeking Medicaid/Disability support. Contact TASA at 757.461.4474 or visit the website.
- Families of Autistic Children of Tidewater (F.A.C.T.). Free monthly socials the third Saturday of every month from 12-3 at 929 First Colonial Rd. Teen night for teens with Aspberger's and high functioning autism 2nd Friday of every month. Has Camp Wannagoagin in the summer. For more information, visit www.camp4autism.org.
- Project Lifesaver is a national proactive, electronic tracking, program used to assist in locating people with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders or children with Down's Syndrome or Autism Spectrum Disorder that wander from home and become lost.