Current Research Initiatives
Below is a list of our current clinical trials. For more information, please contact our Diabetes Research Hotline at
(757) 446-7933 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fatigue Study: National Institue of Aging funded study for development of a fatigue tool questionnaire.
- Exercise Training Study: ADA funded research to investigate effects of different exercise regimen in type 2 diabetic neuropathy patients.
- Bariatric Study: Industry funded research to study effects of bariatric procedures on nerve functions.
- Nerve Function Study: Research study to understand the mechanism of diabetic neuropathy and topography of pain.
- Painful Diabetic Neuropathy Study: Investigation of the effects of Lyrica on gait and balance.
- Neuropathy Study: Research study to learn what causes diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
All clinical trials conducted at the Strelitz Diabetes Center are approved by the EVMS Institutional Review Board (IRB).