Acute Coronary Syndrome Clinical Research Study
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the cardiovascular outcomes of alogliptin compared with placebo, in addition to standard care in subjects with Type II diabetes mellitus and acute coronary syndrome.
- 18 years of age or older
- Diagnosed with Type II diabetes mellitus
- Receiving monotherapy or combination antidiabetic therapy
- Hemoglobin A1c between 6.5% and 11.0%
- Or hemoglobin A1c between 7.0% and 11.0% if antidiabetic regimen includes insulin
- Diagnosed with acute coronary syndrome within 15-90 days prior to randomization
Volunteers will receive free study-related medication, glucometer, medical care, and prescription card to cover antidiabetic therapy as well as compensation for time and travel.
For more information please contact Samantha Hines, M.S. Ed or 757.446.8485