Division of Immune Deficiency Research Services
The comprehensive approach can include one or all of the following services offered by C3ID for those who qualify:
- Expert primary medical care by a Board-Certified Infectious Disease physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant specializing in HIV care.
- Specialty care referrals as needed to ophthalmologists, gastroenterologists, gynecologists, dermatologists, surgeons and psychologists with experience in HIV issues.
- Client-sensitive social and medical case management.
- Medical counseling and medication education.
- Access to HIV medications, if eligible, through the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP).
- Access to non-HIV medications at no charge for low income clients, if eligible.
- Early access to new HIV medications at no charge through clinical research trials.
- Linkages to nutritional assessment and counseling with an emphasis on proper diet and exercise.
- Access to preventive and emergent dental care, if eligible.
- Access to transportation to care appointments, if eligible.
- Access to limited emergency financial assistance including housing assistance, if eligible.
- Linkages to substance abuse counseling and treatment.
- Linkages for HIV+ pregnant women to the EVMS TRAC clinic to assure safer and healthier childbirth.
- Educational updates on advances in HIV treatment.