The goal of EVMS Sports Medicine is to evaluate, diagnosis, and treat various musculoskeletal and sports-related injuries. Dr. Gonzalez develops individualized treatment plans designed to help patients stay as active as possible at any age.
Dr. Bagares integrates non-invasive musculoskeletal ultrasound during office visits to evaluate injuries of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
On-site fluoroscopy is available in the EVMS clinic for spinal injections (epidurals) and peripheral joint injections.
Some of the more common types of conditions we treat and evaluate are:
- Shoulder and rotator cuff injuries
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Knee injuries
- Stress fractures
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- Ankle and foot injuries and sprains
- Wrist and elbow injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and nerve entrapments
- Osteoarthritis of knee and shoulder
- Spine injuries; back and neck pain
- Runner's injuries and comprehensive evaluation
- Piriformis syndrome
- Sports concussion evaluation and "return to play" determination