Do I need a referral to make an appointment?
This depends on what kind of insurance you have.
If you have an HMO, you must:
- Get a referral from your primary care physician before you call to make an appointment.
- Make sure that your referral has not expired. Many are good for only 30 days, so check yours before you come to your appointment. If your referral has expired, call your primary care physician and explain your situation. In most cases, your primary care physician will provide a new or extended referral.
- Bring the referral with you to the appointment. If you do not have a referral, or if the referral you have is expired, your HMO will not pay for your appointment.
- If you have fee-for-service insurance or a PPO, you do not need a physician's referral to make an appointment.
How do I make an appointment?
For information about appointments or insurance requirements, please call the office of the physician you wish to visit. Contact information.
How do I contact my doctor in an emergency?
In an emergency you may need to call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
You may reach your doctor's office during the weekday between 8AM and 5PM at his or her regular office number.
River Pavilion Office (Drs. Strasnick, Karakla, Sinacori, Moody Antonio, Han, Dobratz and Bak) 757-388-6200
Virginia Beach Office (Dr. Moody Antonio) 757-422-9300
CHKD Offices (Drs. Derkay, Darrow and Baldassari) 757-668-9327
After regular office hours and on weekends call 757.388-6200 to reach the answering service and the doctor on call.
Forms and Registration
Hearing and Balance Center Forms
- New Patient Form
- Hearing History
- Dizziness Inventory
- Tinnitis Handicap Inventory
- Pediatric Intake Form
- Pediatric Patient Brochure
- Sleep Apnea Tape Instructions
- Sleep Study Instructions