Sent of behalf of Jim Izard, Member, Board of Visitors & Chair, EVMS Due Diligence Task Force
As you know, the EVMS Board of Visitors has asked that we explore the possibility of becoming a part of the College of William and Mary. To that end, I will be chairing a Due Diligence Task Force comprised of the following representatives:
- Ward Robinett, Vice Rector, Board of Visitors
- Bruce Bradley, Member, EVMS Foundation Board of Trustees
- Harry Lester, President
- Richard Homan, MD, Provost & Dean
- Alfred Abuhamad, MD, Chair, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Mark Babashanian, Vice President for Administration & Finance
- L.D. Britt, MD, Chair, Surgery
- Don Combs, PhD, Vice President & Dean of the School of Health Professions
- Julie Kerry, PhD, Chair Microbiology & Molecular Cell Biology
- Neel Krishna, PhD, President, Faculty Senate
- Jerry Nadler, MD, Chair, Internal Medicine
- Stacy Purcell, Esq., General Counsel
- Barry Strasnick, MD, Chair, Otolaryngology
This group will consider the potential benefits and challenges such a merger would entail. First and foremost, we must determine whether such an arrangement makes sense for EVMS in the short- and long-term. We have not set a specific date for completing our work.
As a reminder, William & Mary will be making its own determination of benefits and, should both schools conclude it is worthwhile to proceed, such action would require approval by the Boards of Visitors of both schools, by the Virginia General Assembly, and by the Governor.
We will be seeking input from various campus constituencies (faculty, staff, students and alumni) throughout the process. While aspects of our due diligence deliberations will be confidential, we will provide periodic, public updates to the campus community on our progress.
Should you have comments or concerns, please feel free to share them with members of the task force. Thank you for your patience as we engage in this important effort. And, on behalf of the Board of Visitors, thank you for your service to EVMS and our community.
Member, Board of Visitors
Chair, EVMS Due Diligence Task Force