Virginia Tidewater Consortium
Please see our VIVA (Virtual Library of Virginia) Cooperative Borrowing Program page if you primarily wish to borrow materials from Old Dominion University (ODU), Norfolk State University (NSU) or the College of William & Mary (WM).
The Virginia Tidewater Consortium for Higher Education (VTC) serves as the major vehicle for regional cooperation among institutions of higher education and affiliated agencies.
- EVMS faculty, staff and students who want to borrow materials from VTC libraries need to visit the Edward E. Brickell Library circulation desk to obtain a VTC consortium card.
- Graduate students at member institutions (below) need to request a card through their institution before coming to check out materials at the EVMS library.
- A consortium card is good for one semester for students and staff and for the fiscal year for faculty. You will need to apply for a new card when the old one expires.
The VTC card allows the recipient to apply for library privileges at other VTC libraries, subject to the rules, regulations and any restrictions on status of the lending library. The extent of privileges is determined by the policies of the lending library, which vary from institution to institution. You will need your consortium card and a picture I.D. when you apply for privileges at a VTC library.
You may view circulation policies and online catalogs of VTC libraries online.
Members of the VTC:
- Christopher Newport University
- College of William and Mary
- Cox Communications (Affiliate Member)
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Hampton University
- Jefferson Lab (NOT a VTC member—privileges given only to faculty and graduate students associated with Jefferson Lab programs)
- Joint Forces Staff College (security alert status determines visitor access to the library)
- Norfolk State University
- Old Dominion University
- Paul D. Camp Community College—Franklin and Hobbs (Suffolk) campuses
- Regent University
- Thomas Nelson Community College
- Tidewater Community College—Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach campuses
- University of Virginia—Hampton Roads Center Campus
- Virginia Tech-Hampton Roads Center Campus
- Virginia Wesleyan College
- WHRO (Associate Member-library not open to public)