Borrowing Library Materials
Anyone may have access to the library to use its collections. In order to borrow library materials, however, you must be a registered library user.
- Faculty and graduate students of Virginia Tidewater Consortium member institutions have reciprocal borrowing privileges. Request a Consortium Borrowers Card from your institution.
- Hampton Roads health care professionals have courtesy borrowing privileges.
- The general public and area businesses may pay an annual subscription fee for borrowing privileges.
- Currently, the fee for individuals is $50 per calendar year and $250 per calendar year for businesses.
Contact Kerrie Shaw, Library Director, for more information: (757) 446-5847; firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain borrowing privileges:
- Fill out the client registration form. Forms are also available in the Library.
- Provide proper identification (i.e., driver’s license, hospital ID badge, medical license)
- Books - 2 weeks
- Journals - 1 week (certain restrictions apply)
- Audiovisual (AV) media- 1 week (certain restrictions apply)
- Reference materials (including indexes, theses/dissertations, and special collections) and current journal issues do not circulate. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
All library borrowers are responsible for the safety and prompt return of items checked out in their names.
- Hold requests for items not available because they are checked out are handled at no charge.
- Materials will be held at the Circulation Desk for seven (7) days.
- Materials may be renewed at the Circulation Desk or by phone unless a hold request has been filed.
- A maximum of three renewals is allowed.
Returning Library Materials
To ensure that you are properly credited for returning library materials checked out in your name:
- Return them through the book drop at the Circulation Desk.
- Do not leave materials on the Circulation Desk.
Overdue or Lost Library Materials
- Having overdue library materials will result in the loss of borrowing privileges.
- Borrowers who lose, or otherwise fail to return, library materials are liable for replacement cost plus a $10 processing fee.
Document Delivery (ILLiad)
Courtesy and subscription clients, as well as EVMS associates, may request electronic delivery of articles from journals that EVMS owns through ILLiad, our Document Delivery system.
Please call the ILLiad office at (757) 446-5861 or the Library's Circulation Desk at (757) 446-5850 with any questions.
If you have any questions, call (757) 446-5850.