Information for Clinicians & Residents
Accessing Information Resources from Off Campus
EVMS network account holders can access licensed library databases and other resources from off-campus via the EVMS proxy server. When a restricted resource is selected — e.g., StatRef or MDConsult — you will be asked for a username and password. Once these are entered, you will have full access to the database.
Please note, you must connect to these resources through the EVMS library web page in order to gain access to licensed resources.
If you have questions about these resources, please contact the Library at (757) 446-5851 or email the Information Desk (email@example.com).
If you have questions about your username and password, contact the Network Center at (757) 446-5871 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For training information, call April Pace, Education Coordinator, at
(757) 446-5846 or email at email@example.com.
Clinical Reference and Point of Care Databases
- ACP Journal Club
- ACP Medicine
- ACP PIER
- BestBETs (Best Evidence Topics)
- Cochrane Library
- Medscape Reference (Requires a free registration.)
- OTSeeker (Occupational Therapy)
- PEDro (Physiotherapy)
- PubMed LinkOut Use clinical queries or publication type limits to limit searches to clinically relevant articles.
- UpToDate (On campus only)
See Evidence-Based Medicine databases for other clinically useful sources.
- PubMed LinkOut : Provides links to most EVMS full-text electronic journals. Look for the "EVMS Online" icon.
- Electronic Journals: Alphabetical and "By Discipline" lists of full-text electronic journals.
- Electronic Books: Alphabetical, searchable list of electronic books.
- Electronic Books (original format): Alphabetical and "By Discipline" lists of electronic books.
- MD Consult : Full-text access to current medical reference texts, journals, patient handouts, and drug information.
- STAT!Ref (E-Books) : Full-text access to current medical reference texts and clinical tools.
- Online Catalog (WebCat) Click on “Periodical Title” to search by journal title to find print periodicals.
- ILLiad Request journal articles and books not owned by EVMS and also journal articles not available electronically.
Health Information for Your Patients
Clinical Medical Librarian Program
The Clinical Medical Librarian (CML) program extends library and information services into the clinical environment. Librarians attend morning reports and rounds and help integrate literature searching of "best evidence" into the patient care setting. Please call for additional information about this program.
Contact: Kerrie Shaw