Winners announced for Community Leaders’ Awards
Story Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:51:00 EST
Urban League of Hampton Roads. Inc., has selected the following six individuals to receive its annual Community Leaders’ Awards, which honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:
- Fredda Bryan, Community Health Advisor/Associate Director, American Cancer Society
- Dr. Carlos Campo, President, Hispanic Education Alliance
- Gail Easley, Executive Director, Crispus Attucks Cultural Center
- Sharon McDonald, Commissioner of the Revenue, City of Norfolk
- Kevin Turpin, Director, Life Enrichment Center of Norfolk
- Boo Williams, Founder, Boo Williams Sportsplex
The awards will be presented at the 30th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Leaders’ Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 20, 2014, at the Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel and Waterfront Conference Center.
EVMS is the co-host of the Urban League’s 30th annual breakfast. Other sponsors include Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, Regent University and Tidewater Community College. For sponsorships and ticket information, call 757.627.0864 or visit evms.edu/mlk.
Urban League of Hampton Roads, Inc. founded in 1978, enables African Americans and others to secure economic self-reliance, parity and power and civil rights. The organization implements its mission by providing services and programs in education, employment, health and housing to Hampton Roads communities through direct services, advocacy, research, policy analysis, community mobilization and collaboration throughout communities. Learn more at ulhr.org.