Each student must have a personal lap top computer capable of running the necessary software and applications used in our curriculum. The standards listed below are the minimum necessary for a student to successfully participate in an online program at EVMS.
All computer related support, troubleshooting, and updates will be the student’s responsibility; it is highly suggested that a service plan be purchased.
- NOTE: Netbooks, iPads and other tablets are not viable choices to meet the standards.
- Processor: minimum dual core
- RAM: minimum 2 GB
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768
- CD/DVD drive
- Wireless (PCI) Cards: 802.11 b/g/n
- Operating System
- Windows 7 or 8 (32 or 64 bit) Home Premium or higher is recommended
- MAC OSX 10.6 or higher will likely work but is not officially supported
- PC: Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
- MAC: Safari versions 3.2.1 or higher
- DO NOT USE BETA VERSIONS OF THESE BROWSERS
- OTHER Items
- Service plan of 24 months or more is highly suggested
- Microsoft Office 2010 Standard Edition or Higher
- THIS CAN BE PURCHASED THROUGH EVMS AT A REDUCED RATE AFTER ENROLLMENT
- External Storage device for data backup