This dynamic program includes didactic instruction and clinical training components that students will complete over a six month period from July to December.
Weekly Academic Conference: The backbone of the didactic educational program is a two-hour weekly pediatric urgent care conference. During this time, topics germane to the clinical practice of urgent care pediatrics will be covered in a traditional lecture format. Attendance and participation at this weekly academic conference is mandatory. Time will be allotted for this educational activity during all specialty rotations. Additional educational assignments will be required throughout the fellowship, which may include attendance at the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship educational conference.
- Certification Courses: Fellows will become certified in PALS during orientation week.
- Journal Club: Evidence-based medicine and best practice models will be taught to the fellows in a journal club format.
- Examinations: Several times during the fellowship, there will be exams which must be successfully passed.
- Simulation Medicine: The fellow will participate in multiple simulation educational modules
Each clinical rotation has associated with it a set of curriculum objectives, reading assignments, and a post-rotation examination to document mastery of the required material.
- Pediatric urgent care - 3 months
- Pediatric emergency medicine - 1 month
- Pediatric orthopedics - 2 weeks
- Pediatric dermatology - 2 weeks
- Pediatric sports medicine - 2 weeks