The Admissions Guidelines details the requirements for application to the Master of Physician Assistant (MPA) program. This downloadable guide contains specific information about the admissions requirements, process and timeline for the program.
This brief checklist outlines the major components of the MPA Admissions criteria that will be necessary to complete your application and be considered for a potential interview.
More information is available on our Application Process page.
|BACHELOR'S DEGREE* completed
(no later than July 1st)
|QUALIFYING GPA (3.00 or better)|
|U.S. CITIZEN or Permanent Resident|
All PREREQUISITE COURSEWORK* satisfactorily completed with a B- or better (prior to March 1st)
CASPA APPLICATION ("completed"** by March 1st)
Complete EVMS Supplemental Application
Official TRANSCRIPT(S) for any outstanding prerequisites
|Review the PA Program TECHNICAL STANDARDS|
*Specifics regarding foreign degree requirements and pre-requisite expectations and eligibility are found in the MPA Admissions Guidelines booklet
**If an application is not complete by the March 1st deadline, it will not be considered regardless of the original CASPA submission date. A CASPA application is considered "complete" when the following actions occur:
- All official transcripts are listed, EACH with a date received in your Status Menu under "Transcripts."
- At least two of your references are listed as "completed" with a date completed in your Status Menu under "Evaluations."
- Your payment is marked as received with a date received in your Status Menu.
- You have received e-mail confirmation that you submitted the application.
- Your application Status Menu reads as "Materials Received > Verifying" for the PA programs to which you submitted.