Mission, Goals, Student Learning Outcomes
Prepare medical and health professionals to become educational leaders in various organizational settings by providing advanced education in the areas of learning, assessment, curriculum, instruction (including simulation), research, evaluation, leadership, and professionalism with an emphasis on real-world, practical applications.
Graduates of the MHPE program are:
- educational leaders who integrate the science of adult learning with evidence-based instruction, curriculum development, learner assessment, and program evaluation.
- reflective educational leaders who will serve the needs of their communities.
- educational leaders who can critique, apply, and share scholarship in medical and health professions education.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program are medical and health professionals who:
- apply adult learning theories to knowledge evaluation and construction.
- illustrate how knowledge assessment strategies relate to curriculum and instructional design.
- design evidence-based instruction for various MHPE learning situations and learners.
- devise plans for implementing educational programs.
- evaluate educational problems.
Are prepared to be educational leaders who:
- perform ongoing assessment of personal leadership traits, strengths, and skills.
- adhere to a personal leadership philosophy.
- strategize solutions to current challenges facing MHPE leadership and professionalism.
- role model best practices in MHPE leadership.
- apply principles of life-long learning to the study of leadership and professionalism.
Are scholarship participants who:
- interpret educational research and use it to inform decisions regarding teaching and learning.
- support and promote different types of educational scholarship.
- work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders (e.g., faculty, administrators, researchers, practitioners, agencies, professional organizations).
This website reflects current program information, including admissions criteria and curricula. Information is subject to change.