Medical & Health Professions Education Master's Program Admission Requirements
This website reflects current program information, including admissions criteria and curricula. Information is subject to change.
Candidates must have completed all undergraduate degree requirements and have been issued a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculating as an EVMS student. If the bachelor’s degree was issued by a U.S. college or university, as a general rule it should be from a regionally accredited institution. However, the program may grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Official transcripts from the awarding institution must specify the date upon which the degree was issued.
- A bachelor’s degree in Health Professions/Medical discipline or related field OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field with the addition of 3 + years of work experience in a health field
- Complete and Submit Online Application (including $60 application fee)
- Qualifying GPA of 3.0 or better (4-point scale)
- Actual undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better (foreign degrees considered on a case by case basis) from the degree-granting institution, OR
- Completed U.S. graduate degree GPA of 3.0 or better from the degree-granting institution, OR
- A replacement GPA of 3.0 or better computed from the most recent 40 semester credit hours of U.S. graduate and undergraduate coursework in the case where a graduate degree was started and not completed
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with student's ability to be successful in an online graduate program (Online recommender forms will be sent to the recommenders upon completion of online application)
- Letter of intent/personal essay outlining the applicant's academic and professional goals related to medical and health professions education
- Resume/CV with health-related experience listed
- Official transcripts must be sent electronically or in a sealed, unopened envelope directly to Office of Admissions & Enrollment
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
- English Proficiency Exams
- TOEFL (Minimum Scores: Paper 550, Computer 213, iBT 80)
- IELTS (Minimum Scores: Total 6.5, Subscores 6)
- May be waived
- In addition to official transcripts provide both a transcript evaluation and translation
- ECE or WES
- Must supply both a Course-by-Course Evaluation and an overall GPA calculation.
- ECE or WES
The application submission and review is on a rolling schedule for students seeking entry into the program. Applications received will be considered based on merit and space availability. Applications will be reviewed as soon as possible, and students will be notified of the admissions decision. Students who plan to seek financial aid are advised to submit their applications as early as possible. Upon acceptance into the program, a $300 non-refundable matriculation fee (which will be credited towards the first semester's tuition) is required to secure class placement.
Official transcripts, scores and supportive application documents should be electronically submitted or mailed to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment for Health Professions at the address below. If you experience technical difficulties or related problems in completing your online application, please contact:
School of Health Professions
Office of Admissions and Enrollment
Attention: Medical & Health Professions Education
Eastern Virginia Medical School
700 W. Olney Road, Room 1155
Norfolk, VA 23507-1607